Every web-developer or blog owner needs to have the right tools.
The word “tool” in this case refers to anything from a simple piece of software to educational products.
There are a LOT of companies out there with great stuff and it is very easy to start loading up on fancy tools and plugins.
Before you do, let me run you through the basics – it should help you choose what you feel will suit you best for your online business venture.
All the following are either tools I use (on this or one of my other niche sites) or have used, or have friends in the industry using and recommend.
☞ Get your FREE B👀K => “Blogging for Money” ☜
Resources Needed to Run Your Website
A tool is just that – a tool. It will not do the work for you. (sorry!)
The simple act of buying it won’t magically bring you traffic or sales. BUT there are some that can really improve performance, or when used as designed, increase your traffic, conversion, and sales.
Many tools will enhance what you are doing by:
- reducing the amount of work required to accomplish a task
- make something of importance stand out
- will turn repetitive tasks into automation
- make something faster
- make something easier
- require less of your time and so on.
CAUTION: sometimes plugins will interfere with one another. Some tools are incompatible with other tools. Some plugins and tools will be incompatible with your website and “break it”.
Then there is the small issue of some developers who don’t stick around to continue the updates required by this ever-evolving market we are in.
Don’t let that scare you off – just keep that in mind when you buy or acquire new stuff.
(to be continued after this brief message…)
12 Simple Steps to Setting up a Profitable Blog
- 1. You need to decide on the niche you will be blogging about
- 2. You need a blog
- 3. You need to get eyeballs on your blog with:
- 4. You need to collect the names that belong to the eyeballs.
- 5. You need to follow up with an email sequence with helpful information and affiliate offers
- 6. Find resources for monetizing your blog
- 7. Finding stuff to sell.
- 8. You need to post new articles on a regular schedule and keep organized
- 9.You need to brand yourself and your business
- 10. Now that you have traffic you need to track your traffic
- 11. Expanding your market, creating your own products
- 12. Expand your income by doing more like setting up a membership site,
- 13. More Tools, more ideas
- 1b. Choose your domain name.
- – You need to find affiliate offers to fulfill No. 4
No you do not!
But you do need at least one from each group (*reminder* – a tool can also be training).
I tell you which ones I use and why, and when I started using it. The final decision is yours of course.
There is a LOT you can do with free tools. Paid ones have more benefits.
More Money Stuff – ☏