- Reviewed by:
There are two ways that WP101 delivers their WordPress training.
One – is by way of their training portalat their WordPress training website.
Two – is from the dashboard of your own (or your clients) WordPress website by using their plugin.
Why would you lay for training when YouTube is full of videos all about the “how to’s” of WordPress? Most people are perfectly happy with the free stuff they find. The problem with this is when you are looking for current and complete training.
If you are new to WordPress or have not spent a lot of time with it you quickly learn there is more to it than just a simple application.
As well, if you have been working with it for any amount of time the chances are you have tried to “help out” a couple of friends or family with their website. This just turned into annoying and time-consuming questions because THEY can’t be bothered to look up the answers on YouTube.
(to be continued after this brief message…)
Who Should Buy WP101?
If you want to be more knowledgeable about WordPress and learn the real power you could be getting from your website. Or, you have been designing sites and don’t want the
You can also choose to “white label” video’s for your clients so they have your business info on them. You can also add your own custom made video’s too so your clients will be up-to-date on other relevant information.
The video’s offered are guaranteed to be current. This is better than getting what is “most popular” which is what you will find on the video sites.
This is the WordPress video training list currently available:
1. What is WordPress
2. WordPress.com or WordPress.org
3. How to Install WordPress
4. The WordPress Dashboard
The first four are available to watch free – just click on “video library” from the top menu.
5. Posts vs Pages
6. The WordPress Editor
7. Creating a New Post
8. Post Formats
9. Editing an Existing Post
10. Using Categories and Tags
11. Creating and Editing Pages
12. Adding Images
13. How to Embed Video
14. Using the Media Library
15. Managing Comments
16. Creating Links
17. Changing the Theme
18. Adding Widgets
19. Building Custom Menu’s
20. Installing Plugins
21. Adding New Users
22. Useful WordPress Tools
23. Setting and Configuration
24. Undoing Mistakes with Post Revisions
25. Understanding Permalinks
26. Getting Started with Custom Fields
27. What is RSS
28. Updating WordPress
29. WordPress SEO Plugin: General Tab (Free video)
29. WordPress SEO Plugin: Page Analysis Tab
30. WordPress SEO Plugin: Advanced Tab
31. WordPress SEO Plugin: General Settings
32. WordPress SEO Plugin: Titles & Meta Settings
33. WordPress SEO Plugin: Social Settings
34. WordPress SEO Plugin: XML Sitemaps
35. WordPress SEO Plugin: Internal Links (Breadcrumbs)
36. WordPress SEO Plugin: Permalink Settings
37. WordPress SEO Plugin: RSS Settings
38. WordPress SEO Plugin: Import, Export Tools
39. WordPress SEO Premium: Redirect Manager
40. WordPress SEO Premium: Google Webmaster Tools
On top of all this there are a bunch of NEW video’s in the making too.
Is it Worth Buying WP101?
Any reputable and organized training program is worth getting.
The plugin for clients will save you the time AND you can charge your client for the additional “learning centre”. This way you can profit from two ends. The time you save not having to answer questions and being able to charge extra for a unique premium service.
Your clients will probably thank you for the additional service!
<-- > training site link
— > plugin link
Of course – if there are any questions you’d like me to answer, feel free to leave it in the comment below and I’ll do my best 🙂