The first thing you want to consider when developing your plan for creating your own products is the market you want to serve and
The top three niches are:
- Making Money
- Weight Loss
These includes business, health, relationships
And then the
Creating Your Own Products for Online
You need to do some niche research to determine what you want to make a product about. You need to find enough people interested in that particular niche to make a profitable product.
In the “Making Money” niche there are many sub-niches to look at. Stock trading like Forex and investing. Real estate market, buying and selling. Flip or hold websites or houses. Home business or small business opportunities as well as the make money online niche.
“Weight Loss” can encompass other health niches such as longer life, general fitness or more specific like strength training or bodybuilding. Natural medicine, and the healing arts.
The “Dating niche” expands into getting your ex back, improved sex life, pick up artists, getting married or divorced.
Golfing is full of rabid buyers as is fishing and gun enthusiasts.
Motorcycles, boating, various sports, cooking, scrapbooking and more. All full of people lined up to buy something new in their area of interest.
Places to Get Ideas on Products to Create
There are many ways to do niche research including going to places that are already known for selling niche products.
Some places to look for niche ideas would be ClickBank or CBEngine. Search for forums and see what people are saying there. Check out your local magazine stand or you can even just post a survey on your blog or send to your list.
Decide on the Type of Product to Create
There are so many types of products you can create. Most of what will be covered here are about info product creation. Will you do a report or ebook, video/DVD, audio, membership site, software?
Will you make your own products or be a re-seller? You can do this by getting licensed products or PLR products.
You can create products from scratch or re-purpose other people products. There are a number of product creation ideas you can come up with.
Re-purposing can be done by translation of a book into a different language(s). Go through someone else’s content using screen-capture video and make a mini-product for an opt-in or “tripwire”. You could even offer to film someone elses seminar for free and then package it as a product.
How to Create Your Own Product
Here are ten product creation ideas – please add your own in the comments below 🙂
1. First you can conduct your own seminar and set up a couple of cameras to record it.
2. Charge for the seminar so you have a responsive audience to deliver your content to. Create a really informative course with outline sheets and notes.
One way to get people to attend is to start a meet-up group in your area.
3. The video can then go into a membership forum that you can sell.
4. Transcribe the seminar into several small ebooks that you can sell individually or use as tripwire or lead generation.
5. Use the audio of the course to sell as a separate product or offer as a “bucket” upsell.
6. To help you come up with the content your membership program or multi-media training course, start with a webinar or a hangout that you will record. Tell people to send in their toughest questions so you can cover it all on the webinar.
The questions that are sent in will help you to design the entire training course as well as the questions that get asked during the webinar.
7. Use the recorded webinar to as a lead magnet.
8. Other things you can do if you don’t feel you are knowledgeable enough in a field to put on a full course is to do a series of interviews and ask the important questions.
9. Similar to recording and packaging someone else’s seminar as content you can do the same with famous interviews – provided they promise to “spill the beans” during your interviews. Nothing works better than to offer premium and exclusive content.
10. Additional income can be generated from offering your in-person coaching as a service too.